Monday, July 2, 2012


For this poster I researched the designer Clodagh. I found Clodagh to be very interesting and I actually really enjoy her style of design. She uses a lot of clean, contemporary lines with a neutral color palette but also throws in splashes of color. I loved that she believes that every space should be multifunctional and that all of her spaces are liveable and also very beautiful to look at. She tries to make her designs appeal to the sixth sense so that when you enter the room you become relaxed and want to stay and enjoy it and then when you leave, you still feel a sense of calm. Clodagh is very influenced by her life experiences as a child and also from her travels. She has been all over the country and as a child she moved around a lot so she learned to live with minimal belongings, which is definitely an evident theme in her designs. Clodagh has designed for spas, hotels, residential homes and also commercial buildings, and even though these are all very different spaces, her style is still clearly evident and the client's style is also expressed.

As far as the design of my poster I tried to keep the colors neutral and added small splashes of color so that I could best represent Clodagh's style. I am very happy with how the poster turned out, but I think if I could change one thing I would change the background colors and make them slightly more muted. I thought I liked the way they looked, but then when I printed the poster I thought they were just a little too bold. But, overall, I like the design of my poster and I think it's a very good representation of Clodagh's design.

No comments:

Post a Comment